Sunday 14 March 2010

And the award goes to .....

This being Oscar season, it is but natural that some awards float around in the blogging world. But I was completely bowled over to receive an award from le embrouille blogueur. For those of you challenged on the intricacies of French, he is the very opposite of “le embrouille”. Superb blogger, who is however in “prison” these days and hence not blogging very often – but when he does, he produces masterpieces. Thank you THE blogueur.

I am much tickled by the “Beautiful Blogger Award”. I have been accused of many things, but beautiful ???? :)!! Whew ! I have been walking around with a silly smile on my face !

Bloggers love to keep chains going. Hence any award or tag comes with conditions. This one says - thou shalt

1) Thank the person who gave you the award
2) Paste the award on your blog
3) Link the person who nominated you for the award
4) Share 7 things you find to be beautiful around you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers or more

No 2, I cannot do – thanks to the Net Nanny. Complaints on this score may be directed to jindun gongcheng !

Nominating 7 or more bloggers is a joyful thing to do – for nothing is more pleasing than thanking the guys and gals who provide so much joy day in and day out. Le embrouille blogeuer has preempted me by awarding AJCL, The Thoughtful Train, Athivas and Adesh, who would have been on top of my list too. I am therefore going to nominate seven other bloggers, whose blogs I am very fond of reading. One favourite blogger I am passing because there’s no more space for awards on her shelf.

1. Sandhya – Superb blogger, who is equally at home writing a senti piece as she is in producing a treatise for publishing in a technical publication. A good friend and a warm commenter on this blog.

2. Deepa – Writes lovely fiction that is blended with reality and lovely reality that is blended with fiction. Trouble is that she writes once in 746 days - having too much fun hobnobbing with millionaires in the promised land. Wake up Deepa !

3. RamMmm – Lovely regular blogger, who makes me barking mad when he writes superb pieces on idlis – Oh the pleasures of life that we miss when we are in Net Nanny’s land.

4. Half Indian – This is supposed to be a blog by Dave Joneja, aged 6, but actually by his wonderful mom who is Chinese and has some of the finest photos you can see in blogosphere.

5. Sri – Although I have done this before, I want to “award” him again and again, for the brave soul has ventured in a brave new direction and deserved all our best wishes. Lovely foodie, travelogue writer , warm human being.

6. Reflections – The Begum is a superb blogger and routinely get 176 comments; for everybody loves her.

7. Gils – Of all the bloggers in this world, this one is totally unique. If your Tamil is not great, you may have some difficulty in following him, but nobody can comment as he does and nobody can blog as he does. In addition to the Beautiful Blogger award, I am inventing a Most Beautiful Commenter award for him.

Here are 7 things which I find beautiful around me in the blogging world

1. A snippet from Chotu
2. A thoughtful hoot from the train
3. A nice tale from the marathon runner
4. Wordless Wednesdays
5. Hope that a post would come from this eminent scholar - just discovered that she has deleted her blog when I tried to link it. OMG - athivas - please get it up again. That's an ORDER !
6. The occasionally literary piece from the Bach and Bradman fan
7. The thought of 46 comments for this post !!!!

34 comments:

Vishal said...

This blog deserves to win "beautiful blogger award". Ramesh! :-) I was eagerly waiting for a post for the whole week. Thought Sunday morning will definitely bring me one.. :-)

So, here is the first comment on this post and wish you receive 460 comments. Each one of your nominations is special.

G3 said...

Congratulations to U and to all who received it from you :)

//Hope that a post would come from this eminent scholar - just discovered that she has deleted her blog when I tried to link it. OMG - athivas - please get it up again. That's an ORDER !//

Shocking :(( R S please please please bring it back :((((

G3 said...

Out of the 7 ppl u listed 4 are new to me.. Let me start reading them soon :))) Thanks for the introduction :D

LEB said...

Congratulations Ramesh. An award most apt for you and your wonderful blog !!

LEB said...

And thanks for your kind words. Also ... you forgot to paste the award on your blog. Flaunt my friend. You just have to.

LEB said...

Never mind about the No.2 .... I totally misunderstood it for something gastronomical...confusion as always.

Ramesh said...

@Vishal - Thanks ; you are very kind. Yes I had a barren week for the very first time - been travelling too much.

@G3 - Thanks for coming and commenting ; much honoured. Been to your blog many a time, but despite being a Tamil speaker, my language is so rusty that I struggle. Will get there eventuallly !

@Blogueur - Thanks. Alas, my Net nanny doesn't allow me to flaunt :( The only thing gastonomical about the unmentionable is that we would all like to bite it and spit it out !!

Sandhya Sriram said...

Since it is a season of 7, i am trying to put down 7 things which make this Great Man called K Ramesh

Sandhya Sriram said...

1. Greatness of course
2. Humility
3. Kindness
4. Blog Prince Charming
5. Simplicity
6. recognize lesser people
7. Above all A Great Friend

Sandhya Sriram said...

And so I Choose 7 quotes which I deem appropriate for this occasion (pardon if the selection isn’t nice)

Sandhya Sriram said...

On His Greatness


A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design, humanity in the execution, and moderation in success.
- Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

Sandhya Sriram said...

On His humility

"Sense shines with a double luster when it is set in humility. An able and yet humble man is a jewel worth a kingdom."
— William Penn

Sandhya Sriram said...

On His kindness

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik

Sandhya Sriram said...

On the Blog Prince Charming

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~Marcel Proust

Sandhya Sriram said...

On His simplicity

The greatest truths are the simplest, and so are the greatest men. ~ Julius Charles Hare

Sandhya Sriram said...

On recognizing lesser people


The really great people are the ones who know how to make the little people feel great.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Sandhya Sriram said...

A Double piece for the Great Friend in him (any number of comments on this will be insufficient)

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.
~Henri Nouwen

How rare and wonderful is that flash of a moment when we realize we have discovered a friend William Rotsler

Sandhya Sriram said...

And the final one (Something original this time!!)

As you see the morning sun everyday
May the day unravel as a fragrant bouquet

As you trail during the midday
May all the fun and happiness come your way

As you wind the evening ray
May you sum up another glorious essay

As sleep dawns on your eyes today
Wish you warmth and love that is there to stay.

Sandhya Sriram said...

while i did make an attempt to set the tone for the golden number 46,
i wish you all the best for the same

ambulisamma said...

Oh lovely and an award for you and passing on to 7 ppl.Except for Gils everyone else is unknown to me.

Reflections said...

Was wondering why so many people were unusually dropping into my blog from ur link and when I reach here....Tadaaaaa;-D

Reflections said...

Congratulations to U and everybody who received this and Thank U Ramesh for mine....such a lovely surprise and all the more special coz u gave it to me:-).
And not the least I laughed and laughed when I read wht u wrote abt me....begum huh, thts a hoot;-D.

Ramesh said...

@Sandhya - OMG Sandhya - you are unbelievable. Such lovely quotes, but the compliments have completely bowled me over as they always do. I shpuld stop reading what you write - my head is getting far too inflated :):) Hey thanks so much.

@ambulisamma - Thanks. The network effect is quite amazing isn't it ? I found most of the blogs I follow, exactly like this.

@Reflections - You are truly one of the warmest bloggers around - so its a real pleasure to "award" you.

A journey called Life said...

Thanks so much Ramesh for mentioning my blog :)

gils said...

avvvvvvvvvvvvvvv...unga blogla enakum oru awarda!!! ARR mathiri "ella pugazhum blogspotukkay" nu mike vachu solanum pola iruku :D this is nothing short of an oscar :D Classla top tenla vara onnu nalla padikanum..ila nalla padikara first pathu pasangala vera classuku thorathiranum :D i the latter gang..en nalla neram neria bloggersku erkanavay intha award poiduchungarathala my number also came up :D :D hehhee..ithukelaaam naanga koochamay pada maatomla :)

RamNarayanS said...

Congrats to all your awardees and mentions and thanks for including me into that list. Thanks once again. :-)

RamNarayanS said...

And I forgot to mention my thanks to the blogdom which is growing, expanding, balancing and linking us all in a networked world devoid of distances, race, sex or religion.

RamNarayanS said...

And you deserve without doubt the award for the wide variety of topics you post on and educate, your humility and appreciation of others and congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Ramesh, Congrats - your blog truly deserves such accolodas and more..

RS said...

utharavu maharaja :D :D

Will be back as soon as I am done with my work!! :)

Thanks for the mentioning and sorry for disappointing you. Felt the blogpage too very tempting amidst work, so took to deletion as the final resort :D

Deepa said...

Ramesh! You are the Pied Piper of the blogworld! :)

I first jumped out of my seat when I saw my name on your post under a list, and then I saw Sandhya, RamMmm, Half Indian, Sri, Reflections & Gils in the list and said, 'phew, whatever it is, its not gonna be bad'!

But yes, I have to get back at it. After you've put my name here, I atleast have to live up to it!

Ramesh said...

@AJCL : :)

@gils - Ella pugazhum blogspottukay", for onc e is not true. Pugazh gilsukkuthan. Special blogger, thailavar, you are.

@RamMmm - Thanks Ram. Indeed the growing blogdom remains a wonderful thing.

@Syed - Thanks Syed

@RS - Madam - I know how busy you are. I shall wait for the day when I can address you with the honorific title and when you come back to blogging. Very touched that you still find time to come here and comment. Good luck and don't work so hard.

@Deepa - We miss your lovely stories. get back to it when you can.

Appu said...

Congrats :) Jus my humble attempt to take it closer to the 46 comments that you wished for :)

Ramesh said...

@Zano - awww; you are very kind. I was joking on the number of comment :)

Blog Archive

Featured from the archives